A great map is as much a reflection of its time in history as its beautiful craftsmanship. This map presents the world in classic National Geographic style: stunning colours, detailed geographical information, and timely insets. Published in 1970.
The 1970 World map features:
- Classic National Geographic cartography and detail, with vivid country borders
- Thousands of place names, including country capitals
- Insets for the Northern and Southern Hemispheres
- An inset map showing the United Nations countries
- Insets for vegetation and land use, population density, and world time zones
- Airports, canals, depth curves and soundings in fathoms, elevations, prevailing winds, ocean currents, channel depths for principal ports, and manned space flight tracking stations
- Map notes embellish this classic to make it a perfect reference for its time.
The map can come either printed on heavyweight 160 gsm paper or laminated. The paper version is perfect for framing under glass, and the laminated version is exceptionally hard-wearing as we use a true encapsulation of two pieces of 80-micron gloss laminate.
Alternatively, we can supply this map on 395 gsm HP Professional Matte Canvas using pigment-based inks - making the map highly durable and fade resistant. The exceptional clarity of printing makes this map a stunning addition to any room, and its high quality means that it will provide years of enjoyment.
Size: 1072 x 746 mm