Dear valued customer. Please note that our checkout is not supported by old browsers. Please use a recent browser to access all checkout capabilities
United States of America 1968 Wall Map by National Geographic
or make 4 interest-free payments of
This stunning United States map is a historical gem, capturing a snapshot of the country as the Interstate system expanded at a torrid pace. It features beautiful cartography, combining many layers of information into an integrated whole that is as artistic as it is informative. Published in February 1968 as an update to the July 1961 US map.
Features of the United States 1968 map:
- Coverage of all 50 states, with beautiful insets for Hawaii and Alaska
- Thousands of place names, including state capitals, cities, and towns
- Mountain ranges with beautiful relief shading
- Interstates, major roads including existing and "under-construction" freeways, rivers, lakes, mountain ranges and elevations
- Stars denoting places with scheduled air service, and icons for missile tracking stations
- Inset showing the US and its principal outlying areas
- Insets for American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. Johns
The map can come either printed on heavyweight 160 gsm paper or laminated. The paper version is perfect for framing under glass and the laminated version is exceptionally hard-wearing as we use a true encapsulation of two pieces of 80-micron gloss laminate.
Alternatively, we can supply this map on 395 gsm HP Professional Matte Canvas using pigment-based inks - making the map highly durable and fade resistant. The exceptional clarity of printing makes this map a stunning addition to any room and its high quality means that it will provide years of enjoyment.
Size: 1078 x 748 mm