Dear valued customer. Please note that our checkout is not supported by old browsers. Please use a recent browser to access all checkout capabilities
United States of America 1946 Wall Map by National Geographic
or make 4 interest-free payments of
This beautiful United States map was published in the July 1946 National Geographic Magazine. The map shows all the major highways of the time and is rich in detail and cartographic excellence. An interesting inset shows the proposed area in which the as yet unlocated United Nations would find its permanent home.
Features of the United States 1946 map:
- Full coverage of the 48 states in 1946
Southern Canada and northern MexicoThousands of place names, including state capitals
- Major roads, rivers, lakes, mountain ranges and elevations
- An inset showing the area in which the Permanent Site Committee for the United Nations considered for the UN as its permanent site
- An inset listing the national parks and monuments, as keyed to the map
- An inset for the area of Canada east of Maine
The map can come either printed on heavyweight 160 gsm paper or laminated. The paper version is perfect for framing under glass and the laminated version is exceptionally hard-wearing as we use a true encapsulation of two pieces of 80-micron gloss laminate.
Alternatively, we can supply this map on 395 gsm HP Professional Matte Canvas using pigment-based inks - making the map highly durable and fade resistant. The exceptional clarity of printing makes this map a stunning addition to any room and its high quality means that it will provide years of enjoyment.
Size: 1044 x 685 mm