National Geographic celebrated Australia's bicentennial with an entire issue devoted to the continent. This informative map details the country's history, climate, and tourist activities. Published in February 1988 as a companion to the map "Australia's Continental Odyssey."
The Traveler's Look at Australia map features:
- Information about each region including major cities, history, climate, and industry
- Tourist information and attractions such as skiing, coral reefs, big-game fishing, Aboriginal rock art, riverboat cruises, wine regions, and more
- Mining areas and gemstone deposits
- Aboriginal land claims and parks/reserves
- Major roads, railroads, and selected airports
- Historical information including the routes of explorers
- Ferry routes
The map can come either printed on heavyweight 160 gsm paper or laminated. The paper version is perfect for framing under glass, and the laminated version is exceptionally hard-wearing as we use a true encapsulation of two pieces of 80-micron gloss laminate.
Alternatively, we can supply this map on 395 gsm HP Professional Matte Canvas using pigment-based inks - making the map highly durable and fade resistant. The exceptional clarity of printing makes this map a stunning addition to any room, and its high quality means that it will provide years of enjoyment.
The easiest way to hang your canvas map is by having wooden hang rollers attached top and bottom with a hanging cord on the top roller, so all you have to do is put a hook on the wall. The hang rails come lacquered in a natural timber colour.
Note: Please allow 10 working days to deliver hang railed maps as they need to be attached by our framer.
Size: 685 x 516 mm