This map shows the location of mines operating at the end of 2020, developing mines and mines under care and maintenance in Australia.
Developing mines are deposits where mine site development has commenced or where all approvals for mining have been received by the end of 2020.
Mines under care and maintenance are deposits where mining has stopped and there is a remaining Joint Ore ReserveCommittee (JORC) compliant resource that may be mined or developed in the future.
Published with up to date data from January 2021, this map provides the following information:
- Major mineral deposits and operating mines.
- Key Oil and Gas deposits.
- Specific operating Gas fields.
- Oil and Gas pipeline infrastructure around Australia.
- Insets to clarify key areas in detail.
- Base metals - Cu (Zn, Pb, Ag, Au)
- Base metals - Cu, Au, U
- Base metals - Zn, Pb (Cu, Ag)
- Battery/alloy metals - Ni, Co, Mn, V, Mo, Mg
- Fertiliser elements - P, K
- Heavy mineral sands
- Iron ore
- Other metals - Sn, W, Ta
- Precious metals - Au, Ag
- Rare earth elements
The map can come in two finishes, either printed on heavyweight 160 gsm paper or laminated. We use a true encapsulation of two pieces of 80-micron gloss laminate allowing you to draw on it in a whiteboard marker or apply map dots to locations of interest without permanently marking the map. The lamination also makes the map very durable and protects against tears and stains.
- 1150 mm (w) x 720mm (h)
- 1450 mm (w) x 870 mm (h)