Dear valued customer. Please note that our checkout is not supported by old browsers. Please use a recent browser to access all checkout capabilities
San Felipe Model Ship (95cm)
or make 4 interest-free payments of
A finely-crafted museum quality replica model of King Phillip’s grand warship, the San Felipe. This stunning model will be the centrepiece of any room that it sits in.
- Overall dimensions of the model are 95cmL x 28cmW x 76cmH 1:75 Scale
- The model are fully assemble and ready to display (NOT a kit)
- Entirely hand built by using Individual wooden planks in hull construction
- We use the high quality wood in construction, ensuring the model will withstand climate variation.
- Anchors and decorative fixtures and intricate details are sculpted from metal
- Sails are handmade with fine linen and rigging lines that vary in texture
- This model is built according to scale from original plans and pictures.
- This model comes with a solid wood base, a metal name plate.
The San Felipe Launched in 1690, was one of the most beautiful Spanish ships of the 17th century. She was the lead ship of the Spanish Armada and displaced more than 1000 tons and was armed with 96 cannons, enabling her to take on the most formidable ships in the French and British navies. San Felipe’s role in the war against the British and French was to help protect Spanish settlements and harbors, to transport treasures, and to safeguard the long and hazardous passage back to Spanish ports. In 1705, she participated in a furious and heroic battle between 12 Spanish ships and 35 British ships. After 24 hours of battle, she was captured by an English ship, but was so badly damaged that she could not be salvaged as a prize. She went to the bottom with several tons of gold.