Dear valued customer. Please note that our checkout is not supported by old browsers. Please use a recent browser to access all checkout capabilities
Rainbow Model Yacht 1934 (60cm)
or make 4 interest-free payments of
This high-quality Rainbow model yacht is adorned with finely-crafted features and graceful lines, making her perfect for any room or office.
- Authentic museum-quality scale replica of the real Rainbow racing yacht
- Individual plank on frame construction of the hull using fine quality woods, with each plank and wood grain visible through the paint
High quality craftsmanship and details, including:
- Increased details and items on deck over smaller yacht models
- Accurate scale of all deck and hull components
- Finely stitched sails with quality rigging
Significant research to guarantee accuracy of this model includes sources such as photos, historical plans and original artwork
Pre-assembled, simply attach the masts and display
- Ready to display in less than five minutes
- Separate pre-assembled hull and sails ensure safe shipping and lower cost
- Insert mast in designated hole and clip brass rigging hooks as shown in illustrations
- Sails and rigging already complete
Dimensions: 60cm Length, 15cm Width, 82cm Height with stand.
On May the 15th 1934, the William Starling Burgess Design J Class Rainbow was launched at the Herreshoff Yard in Bristol, Rhode Island, USA. She was built to defend the America’s Cup against “Endeavour” in 1934. The first 2 races were tough for Rainbow but the last 4 races she beat the Challenger Endeavour. Owner Vanderbilt laid Rainbow up in a dry dock and then refitted her. In 1937 she was sold to Chandler Hovey and contended for Defence of the Cup. Sadly for her, Ranger won and became the new defender for the next Cup. In 1940 Rainbow was sold for scrap.