The National Geographic 1960 World map was published in the midst of sweeping changes in Africa, as many countries gained their independence. This map shows all the changes made as of September 1960, when the map went to press. Bright boundaries highlight international borders, and the map features extraordinary detail on land and in the oceans. A perfect map for anyone interested in the changes from colonialism to independent rule in Africa.
The 1960 World map features:
- Classic National Geographic cartography and detail, with vivid country borders
- Thousands of place names, including country capitals
- Insets for the North Polar and South Polar Regions
- An inset map showing the United Nations countries and the Communist World
- Inset for international time zones
- Principal airports, canals, depth curves and soundings in fathoms, elevations, prevailing winds, warm and cold ocean currents
The map can come either printed on heavyweight 160 gsm paper or laminated. The paper version is perfect for framing under glass, and the laminated version is exceptionally hard-wearing as we use a true encapsulation of two pieces of 80-micron gloss laminate.
Alternatively, we can supply this map on 395 gsm HP Professional Matte Canvas using pigment-based inks - making the map highly durable and fade resistant. The exceptional clarity of printing makes this map a stunning addition to any room, and its high quality means that it will provide years of enjoyment.
Size: 632 x 478 mm