The first World Map published by National Geographic following WWII, this classic is a perfect companion to the World Map published in December 1943. The brightness of this map communicates the optimism following WWII, with an inset showing the United Nations, along with a list of the nations who had joined as of December 1951.
The 1951 World map features:
- International boundaries reflecting the changes following WWII
- Insets for Antarctica and the Arctic
- An inset showing the United Nations countries, along with a list of the countries.
- The inset also shows the Communist World and Atlantic Pact countries
- Major cities and capitals
- Rail routes, major roads
- Ocean currents are shown on the map
The map can come either printed on heavyweight 160 gsm paper or laminated. The paper version is perfect for framing under glass and the laminated version is exceptionally hard-wearing as we use a true encapsulation of two pieces of 80-micron gloss laminate.
Alternatively, we can supply this map on 395 gsm HP Professional Matte Canvas using pigment-based inks - making the map highly durable and fade resistant. The exceptional clarity of printing makes this map a stunning addition to any room and its high quality means that it will provide years of enjoyment.
Size: 1063 x 699 mm