National Geographic published this classic world map in December 1943, in the midst of WWII. Compared to many of the other world maps by the National Geographic Society, this one had a decidedly dark cast, possibly a reflection of the tone of discouragement felt by many as the War continued on. A perfect companion to the World maps of 1951 and 1970.
The 1943 World map features:
- International boundaries as of Sept. 1, 1939
- Insets for the Northern and Southern Hemispheres
- An inset showing the world alliances during WWI
- An inset showing the alliances in WWII as of the publication of this map
- Classic colourization depicting mountain ranges and areas of high elevation
- Ocean currents and time zones
The map can come either printed on heavyweight 160 gsm paper or laminated. The paper version is perfect for framing under glass and the laminated version is exceptionally hard-wearing as we use a true encapsulation of two pieces of 80-micron gloss laminate.
Alternatively, we can supply this map on 395 gsm HP Professional Matte Canvas using pigment-based inks - making the map highly durable and fade resistant. The exceptional clarity of printing makes this map a stunning addition to any room and its high quality means that it will provide years of enjoyment.
Size: 1036 x 670 mm